Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is spaced at 1.15; font size is 11pt; italics, rather than underlining, is employed for emphasis (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The copyright notice is CC BY NC 4.0
All submissions published by the Journal of the Council for Research on Religion (JCREOR) are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 4.0 International License. The copyright of an article published by JCREOR remains with its author(s). The author may republish their work upon the condition that JCREOR is acknowledged as the original publisher.
Author Copyright Notice
- The Journal of the Council for Research on Religion (JCREOR) (“Publisher”) may make and retain more than one copy for the purpose of preservation, security, and backup.
- Copyright for all work published in the journal is retained by the author(s).
- Author(s) grant permission for their work to be indexed in full-text form in commercial indexes and non-commercial indexes. This may include but is not limited to, indexes such as ATLA, Proquest, EBSCO etc.
- The Submission does not, to the best of the author(s)’ knowledge, infringe upon anyone’s copyright.
- If the Submission contains material for which the author does not hold copyright, the author guarantees that they have obtained the necessary permissions from the copyright owner(s) to grant the Publisher the rights necessary to publish, and that such third party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the Submission.
- That the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Any subsequent publication of the Submission will credit JCREOR as the site of first publication and provide a link to the Journal website